Not‑So‑Smart Meters Health & Privacy Issue Talking Points
Please visit us at our new website,
- I'm calling you today because I'm concerned about the so-called "smart" meters that Central Maine Power has deployed in my area
- These not‑so‑smart meters allow the power company to track my every move in my house/workplace, which I see as unreasonable search.
I have to pay CMP a special fee of $12 per month in order to retain control over my own data, which is extortion.
- These not‑so‑smart meters, repeaters, and collectors BLANKET the area with radio frequency (RF) emissions. That means that everyone in
the deployment area is exposed to RF pollution – even those who are paying CMP to keep their original meter.
- Can you tell me who regulates RF pollution in the U.S.?
- Why aren't the current human-safety standards up‑to‑date with the science about exposure in our wi‑fi-saturated society?
- Since CMP installed not-so-smart meters in the neighborhood where I live/work, I have noticed these health effects, appliance/ computer
malfunctions, and other effects . . .
- I'm concerned because neither CMP, nor the Maine Public Utilities Commission, nor the Maine Office of the Public Advocate seem to be able to
ensure my safety.
- Are you, as my [senator/representative/select board member], prepared to stand up for me?
– Until there is more medical consensus and until safe regulations are in place, I want you to propose a ban on “smart” meters to stop our unprecedented
involuntary and universal exposure to RF pollution.
Democracy works if you work for democracy.
work for the change you want to see